Dienstag, Juli 19, 2016

... in five minutes - Robert Wilson

Place of your birth?
Stamford, Lincolnshire, UK.
Are you a morning person or a late riser?
Early morning.
Favourite TV Series / or film?
The Lives of Others.
Your idol?
I don't have an idol but I admire Barack Obama enormously.
When did you start writing?
Seriously in 1991.
Food / drink you like most?
A Portuguese dish called Arroz de Tamboril (Monkfish rice). Red wine preferably Portuguese from the Alentejo or from the Ribera del Duero in Spain.
Who or what inspires you?
I'm inspired by what ordinary people do, the extent to which people are prepared to commit themselves to passions and ideas.
Is there something that you would like to learn?
How to play a musical instrument. But not the violin. I tried that as a kid and it was an awful experience for all involved.
Your favorite place?
My house in the Alentejo in Portugal.
What is your favorite genre in music?
It used to be Rock and Roll but I've quietened down a bit since then and I 'd have to say Fado but it has to be live.
Is your desk tidy or reigns there a chaos?
I work in a state of mild chaos. Certainly not tidy with my pencils all in a line.
Do you have pets?
I have three dogs although technically they belong to my partner. 2 springer spaniels and a Jack Russell.
Do you have a vice / guilty pleasure ?
I never feel guilty about taking pleasure. I have a weakness for cookery programmes on TV.
Favorite town or favorite country?
Lisbon, Portugal.
Besides writing, what else would be your dream job?
To be an artist...a painter.
With whom would you like to go for dinner once (living or deceased / real or fictitious person)? Nothing would give me greater pleasure than going to dinner with my partner. We are totally at ease with each other and have great conversations. If I went out for dinner with someone famous it would not be relaxing and we probably wouldn't get to the really important stuff in the space of three hours.
What is your zodiac sign?
Aries.
Do you have a favorite word?
I go through patches of liking certain words. Today it is 'topaz'
Your favourite colour?
Blue
Which book are you reading at the moment?
'But You Did Not Come Back' by Marceline Loridan-Ivens.
What three things would you take to a desert island?
The Complete Works of William Shakespeare, a Swiss Army knife, a coffee machine with an endless supply of coffee. (Something interesting/entertaining, something practical and something pleasurable.)

The following books by Robert Wilson are available in German: